Thursday, January 14, 2016

Chapter 5



Chapter 5


            Pinky is taking a shower and I’m trying to cook spaghetti, which seems to be beyond my minor culinary skills. Just to catch you up: she’s been living with me for four months now. We have an easy accommodation. We each have our own bedroom. When one of us isn’t doing it with someone else we both sleep in my bed. If she comes home and I have a girl here she goes to her room. If I come home and she has a boy (or a girl) here I go to my room. Sometimes we share. I’m working at Best Buy selling TVs. She manages a theatre. I think we’re happy. 

            I haven’t seen Quetzal since the night me and Pinky got together.

            Pinky’s in the shower. I’m cooking. That’s everything.

            Hey, I yell toward the bathroom, Dinner’s ready.

            Just a minute.

            I put the spaghetti and the bowl of sauce on the table then get the garlic bread out of the oven. I’m not going to wait on her. I sit and start eating and she joins me in a minute. After we eat we’re going out to see a movie. It’s some bad action flick that everyone sees but no one admits that they like.

            She’s cute when she eats. Look at me: being that guy. I can’t help it, though. She’s cute when she eats. I didn’t love her when this started, but I think that maybe I do now.

            You wanna know how sweet she is? She tells me that I should go back to college. She makes more money than I do, but she doesn’t care about that. She just wants me to be happy with my life.

            I’m not burning myself any more.

            I am still drinking. That’s another thing about Pinky; she never asks me to stop drinking. She doesn’t even suggest that I cut back. She takes care of me when I’m wasted.

            So we go out to the movie and when it’s just too stupid to stand we make out in the back row instead.

            A few weeks ago she showed up with this cute little skinny girl who was zapped out of her mind on a variety of drugs. Pinky undressed her and dropped her in bed with me, then went to sleep. Now what kind of girlfriend does something that nice? It wasn’t even my birthday.

            The only thing is, sometimes when I look at her I see Carol. That will pass though.
           


No comments:

Post a Comment